- Burnout prevention
- Grief counseling
- Family violence
Ms. Saras Bhaskar
Ms. Saras Bhaskar has over twenty five years of Psychological Counseling and HR Management experience. In Chennai (2002), she launched a successful private practice, blending the invaluable experience acquired in the US with her holistic understanding of the Indian society. She believes that every human being has the capacity to succeed and her mission is to empower people to discover / rediscover their full potential. She objectively empowers clients to incorporate the skills they acquire successfully in their daily walks of life. Her ability to work with the strengths of individuals, combined with her strong foundation in Applied and Counseling psychology, has given her wide recognition in the field.
As a Counseling Psychologist, she is skilled in identifying psychopathology, and offers necessary therapeutic guidance to clients and their families. As a private practitioner, she extends individual, family, pre-marriage, marriage and family counselling. Her niche areas of expertise include, infertility counselling and adoption counselling. She incorporates many successful therapeutic techniques in her treatment modality.
As a well-recognized Corporate Coach, her experience in design and implementation of proactive solution-based curriculums is multi-fold. As an objective problem solver, she is an expert in identifying organizational needs, in order to design and develop customized solution-based programs. With her specialization in HR Management, she has the ability to empower all levels of personnel throughout the organization.Ms. Bhaskar periodically facilitates need-based workshops and training programs for MNCs, private companies, NGOs, and Academic institutions.
Since 2009, she has been an affiliate with Shepell.fgi, a Canadian-based company offering employee assistance program to their clients. She is a frequenter in the eye of the media as an expert in the field finder herself in many local television channels and Print Media like The Times of India, The Deccan Chronicle, The New Indian Express, The Hindu and other Tamil newspapers and magazines.
Her vision to empower mental health professionals in the field of counselling psychology gave birth to Chennai Counselors’ Foundation (CCF). Started in 2004, CCF provides a platform for counseling practitioners to share knowledge, expertise, provide cross-referrals and train for growth and advancement. Ms. Bhaskar offers multicultural counseling to foreigners in India for business or other purposes.
She consults by appointment at
Mrs. Saras Bhaskar
Counseling Psychologist & Coach
Bloom Health Care,
#32, Taramani Link Road,
Chennai - 600 042.
(Next to Hot Chips)
please contact Phone : +91-72999 11102 / 04.
For Appointment (Mon - Sat) 10:00am - 7pm. SUNDAY IS A HOLIDAY
- Currently pursuing full time PhD.
- Master of Art in Human Services, St. Edwards University, Austin
- Master of Arts in Applied Psychology, the University of Madras
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, the University of Madras.
Faculty member and Paper Presentations
- February 2016 - Facilitated workshop on “Infertility Counseling” at 21st National Conference of Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction in Indore.
- January - 2015 - Won Prof. Dipak Bhar for the best scientific/technical session at the 50th National & International Conference of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology in Thirupathi, Andra Pradesh, India. The topic presented was on “Psychological wellbeing of childlessness - An exploration".
- January 2012 - Facilitated workshop on “Preparedness for Marriage” on need for Pre marriage counseling at the National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, Cochin.
- September 2010 - Faculty member at the 26th National Conference of Sexology, Chennai on “Family System & Sexual health in marriage”.
- January 2010 - Designed and facilitated as one of the faculty members for a three day workshop for mental health professionals on introducing the concept of “Fertility Management Counseling” at Bloom Fertility & Health care, KK Nagar, Chennai.
- Saraswathi Bhaskar, S. Thenmozhi,& K.S. Kavitha Gautham, "Stress and depression during Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment - Infertility Counselling", International Journal Reprodcutive Medicine & Gynecology. July 2018:4(2): 028-033.
- Saraswathi Bhaskar, Vijayasarathy Ramanathan and Rene Hoksbergen, “Psychological wellbeing of Indian men and women undergoing fertility treatment for involuntary childlessness”, Journal of Indian Health Psychology for March, 2018
- Saraswathi Bhaskar, “Childlessness, Parenthood and Psychological wellbeing”, Recent advances in Psychology, vol 4 (2), 2017.
- Saraswathi Bhaskar, Rene Hokhbergen, Anneloes van Baar, Arun Tipandjan and Jan ter Laak, "Life experiences and quality of life of involuntarily childless men in treatment and adoptive fathers", Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 2014.
- Saraswathi Bhaskar, Rene Hoksbergen, Anneloes van Baar, Subasini Mothiram and Jan ter Laak, “Adoption in India – the Past, Present and the Future trends”, Journal of Psychosocial Research, vol 7 No. 2 (July-December) 2012.
- Promotion of Indian culture - April 2002, India Fine Arts, Austin,
- Recognized for Outstanding Services to the Williamson County
Juvenile Services, Austin Texas USA. (1995 -1999).
- Several trophies for dramatics, Tamil Sangam, Los Angeles, CA.
- Best Outgoing Student Award - Queen Marys'College,Chennai May
- Medals & certificates in Oratorical competitions - Queen Marys'
College, Chennai, (1976 - 1979)
- Associate Life member, Indian Psychiatric Society.
- Associate Life member of Indian Association of Applied Psychology.
- Co-Founder - Chennai Counselors’ Foundation, Chennai India.
- Member, European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- Past Member, Board of Studies (M.Sc Psy) - Justice Basheer Ahmed Syed College, Chennai.
- Past Member, Board of Studies (M.Phil, M.Sc Edu). Manormaniam Sundaranar University, Thirunelveli.
- Past member, Board of Studies (M.Phil, M.Sc., B.Sc.,) Women’s Christian College, Chennai.